Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Diablo 3 Season 18 Review

Diablo 3 Season 18 just ended last week and I wanted to write a review of what I did for season 18.  I had a fairly productive season although the season felt a little bit shorter than previous seasons.  I wanted to play the Witch Doctor again this season and try out the new legendary gem, the Legacy of Dreams.  I ended up doing pretty well with it.  I did a greater rift 102, which was rank 75 for the NA hardcore Witch Doctors.  I managed to reach paragon 933 for the season and my overall paragon level now sits at 2023.  I ended up playing 78 hours for the season and I also managed to reach the Guardian rank in the seasonal journey.  I think I could have done better but I needed to play a lot more.  Overall, I am really happy that I ended up that high on the greater rift leaderboard.

I had a real good start for season 18.  I picked up a Staff of Chiroptera, which boosted my damage early on.  I did have two deaths for the season.  The first death came pretty early on.  I was playing with the Helltooth set and pushed a little too hard.  I managed to transition to a Legacy of Dreams setup but it was real hard finding ancient legendaries this season.  My second death came on the very last day of the season.  After I finished doing a greater rift 102, I had a very bad disconnect and lost my second Witch Doctor.  I wasn't too worried or angry because it was so close to the season ending and I didn't have to bother re-levelling again.  The Legacy of Dreams setup is much like the season 17, where the main damage comes from the Carnevil helm and the Dagger of Darts.  The damage done is a little less than season 17 because you have to use one less legendary gem than normal.

For season 19, I am going try playing with the Witch Doctor again.  I want to do better than season 18.  With the Haedrig's gift being the Helltooth set for the Witch Doctor, I am pretty sure that I can get off to a very fast start.  I really want to reach a higher greater rift this season and I want to reach at least paragon 1000.  I also want to reach the Guardian rank again because there is a very cool pet you can get when you reach that rank.  I kind of want to play with the Crusader or the Monk because they got 2 new sets.  If I have time, I might try the Crusader.  Anyways, I hope everyone had a great season 18 and I hope everyone does well in season 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment