Saturday, September 19, 2015

My Past BlizzCon Experience

With less than 2 months to go before BlizzCon happens, I wanted to share my past BlizzCon experience with you.  My first BlizzCon was in 2013 and this upcoming BlizzCon will be my third.  I didn't know what to expect when I first attended BlizzCon but boy was I amazed.  When first got to Anaheim, I checked out the venue where BlizzCon was (the Anaheim Convention Center).  I had arrived in Anaheim on Wednesday and on Thursday, I went to Disneyland, which is about 10 minutes away from the convention center.  I was at Disneyland for most of the day until I had to get my BlizzCon badge.  The time to pickup the badge was between 4pm and 9pm so I went there about 5pm but there was already a huge (and I mean HUGE) lineup.  I think it took me about an hour and a half just to get my badge and the goody bag. 

On Friday, I managed to get a pretty good seat for the opening ceremony.  The opening ceremony was very cool, the trailer for the new game Heroes of the Storm was incredible.  After the opening ceremony, I didn't know what really to do.  I looked around for bit and went to the JINX clothing store.  I went to some Diablo panels and got some autographs.
On Saturday, I had a lot more fun.  I decided to bring my Book of Cain and get some more autographs.  I caught some of the Hearthstone matches between Trump, Artosis and Kripparian.  Also, BlizzPro was having their meetup on Saturday and got to meet Reb and Twizz of TwizzCast.  I wanted to meet Archon but he didn't show up :(.  Finally, I went to the Blink 182 concert but it wasn't too good. 

The next BlizzCon (2014) went more smoothly.  First of all, the lineup to get the badge was a lot easier since the convention center was now open between 9am to 9pm.  Instead of going to Disneyland again, I went to the California Adventure park, which is directly across from Disneyland.  On the first day of the 2014 BlizzCon, I did pretty much the same thing as the year before.  The opening ceremony was good, they introduced the new game Overwatch.  I managed to get another shirt from the JINX store, I got more autographs (this time I got a signature from Wyatt Cheng).  I watched the entire quaterfinals of the Hearthstone tournament.  The next day,  I decided to bring my Book of Tyrael and got that signed.  In the Diablo play area, they were giving out prizes for playing Diablo and I managed to get a poster of the Crusader.  I didn't bother attending the Metallica concert because I knew it wouldn't be interesting to me. 

For this upcoming BlizzCon, I am hoping to have another great time.  I am sure they will be showing the trailer for the new Warcraft movie.  I hope Blizzard will announce a new expansion for Diablo 3.  I will probably watch a lot of Hearthstone again.  I don't know if I should go to Disneyland again, I might do something else this year.  It is still kind of hard to decide what to do since Blizzard hasn't announced the schedule of BlizzCon yet.  The main thing with BlizzCon, is that you can't see everything so you have to decide what you want to see and do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment