Saturday, July 9, 2016

Death of Diablo 3

Just finishing up season 6 of Diablo 3.  The season will end up closing on July 22nd.  So far I have done fairly well for the season.  I managed to get the Conqueror seasonal journey complete, which ended giving me the extra stash space.  I have done up to greater rift 76, which puts me in the top 200 of all hardcore witch doctors.  I think I am able to do a higher greater rift than that since it has been a while that I have pushed doing a higher greater rift level.  I am currently sitting at paragon level 855 but I would like to get my paragon level to at least my non-seasonal paragon level, which is at 888.  I only have 2 weeks left, so I am busy trying to push myself to get those paragon levels. 

There has been lots of news lately involving Diablo 3.  First of all, Josh Mosqueira recently left Diablo 3.  This isn't good news since he was the game director for Diablo 3.  There is no word on who might be replacing him (or if he will be replaced at all).  Many people are speculating that Diablo 3 is now in "maintenance" mode, where no new features will be added to the game.  I think this is really bad for Diablo 3 since there are no new features coming in the future, many people will stop playing the game.  This is somewhat evident in season 6.  This season it seems that I am doing really good but in all honesty, there are less players playing the game right now.   I can't imagine many more people will continue to play Diablo 3 if the next few seasons don't bring some new changes.  With less and less people playing, it might seem that you could reach a higher rank but then you are competing with less people. 

With Diablo 3 entering the "maintenance" mode, there is further evidence that Blizzard might release a new Diablo game.  Whether this Diablo game will be Diablo 4 or an MMO version we do not know yet.  Currently, this new Diablo game is looking for a game director.  There might be something that will be announced at GamesCon in August or at the next BlizzCon in November.  I am kind of excited about this since Diablo 3 seems to be ending pretty soon.  I personally think that this new Diablo game will be an MMO (as I wrote earlier in my blog).  I hope that the big announcement will happen at BlizzCon because I will be attending that event again in November. 

Anyways, I am currently rushing to finish season 6 on a high note.  This weekend has double blood shards dropping so I am doing plenty of rifts and greater rifts.  I am probably going to play witch doctor again for season 7, which starts on August 5th.  It is going to be pretty easy to gear up a witch doctor again since Haedrig's gift for the witch doctor is the Helltooth set. 


No comments:

Post a Comment