Sunday, November 22, 2015

Diablo 3 Season 4 Update

I have been having a lot of fun on Diablo 3 lately.  Even though I have kinda stopped playing on my monk, I have been enjoying playing other classes.  When I reached paragon 650 in season 4, my focus was now to cube every item in the game.  This is really hard thing to do because in order to cube all the items, you have to play all the classes.  All the monk items were easy because I had spent a lot time gearing up the monk throughout the whole season.  So my next class that I chose to spend time on was the wizard.  It was working fairly well, I had some problems finding some of the items (like the Moonlight Ward amulet) but I finally managed to finish cubing all the items right after BlizzCon.  I am now in the process of cubing all the items for the witch doctor.  I am really having fun playing with the witch doctor because I hadn't played that class for a long time.  For a long time, the witch doctor was my main class and I had spent almost my whole time playing Diablo on the witch doctor.  It feels really good to play the witch doctor again especially working with zombie charger and hex.

As we learned from BlizzCon, season 4 in Diablo is going to end some time in December.  There is going to be a couple weeks break in between the seasons, so hopefully season 5 will start in the beginning of January.  This means I probably won't have time to finish cubing all the items during season 4.  Right after I finish the witch doctor, I might try to cube items for the barbarian or the crusader.  Either the barbarian or the crusader will be next class when season 5 starts.  Right now, patch 2.4 is in the public test realm (ptr) but I haven't touched the ptr at all.  I might just spend more time playing non-season since all the items will be available even in non-season once the next season starts. 

In the next patch, there is also going to be set dungeons for each particular class set.  Each class has four distinct sets that you can collect.  Once you have that set, you can enter a set dungeon.  In this dungeon, you can achieve different goals.  If you manage to complete each set dungeon with the particular goals, you can be awarded with some cosmetics for you character.  All this means is that you have to play all the classes and collect all the sets for each class.  I think this is very difficult to do unless you play lots of Diablo.  Even when I am playing a season, I usually just stick to one class because it is very difficult to focus on many classes during the season.  Completing this achievement (also with cubing all the items) is going to take lots of playing time and I don't think many people will do this.  I think it would be much easier if Blizzard awarded something once each class set achievement was done.  That way many people won't be stressed to play all the classes at once.  In any case, I look forward to playing more Diablo in the future.  I don't know exactly what my goals will be in the next season but hopefully once I set my goals, I will have a good time playing Diablo again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment