Saturday, July 25, 2015

Gamers Delight

"Why are you playing that game?"  It's a question I hear very often and I have been thinking about it a lot recently.  I think in general, video games are very good to us in that it can stretch our imagination and our creativity.  In a lot ways, it can show us what we can accomplish beyond our normal lives.  Sometimes in video games it can be very life-like (almost like reality).  Other times, it can be very surreal (like being in a fantasy world).  There are games that can challenge our minds (like strategy games), or there are games that are more action oriented.  Just like any book, there are many types of games that can appeal to wide range of people. 

Currently, I am playing Diablo 3.  The reason why I like this game a lot is because it is very much an high-paced, action-oriented game.  You are collecting gear to make your character stronger and gaining experience to further increase your character's power.  I am also playing on "hardcore" mode, which is where you have only 1 life (so if your character dies, it is gone forever along with the gear).  I am also playing Hearthstone some of the time.  Hearthsone is card-based game where you are playing against another player.  Each turn, players get to play cards that will eventually beat the other player.  The reason that I like playing this game is because it takes lots of strategy in building your deck and playing your cards in the right order.  I have also played World of Warcraft (WoW) in the past.  WoW is a MMORPG which means it is a massive mutliplayer online role playing game.  Although Hearthstone and WoW are great games, I prefer a more action-oriented game which is why I am still playing Diablo 3. 

In the future, I think the video game industry will continue to grow.  I have been playing video games ever since the original NES system was introduced (all the way back when it was introduced in Japan).  I have seen the growth of the video game industry with its better graphics and advanced gameplay.  I can only assume that the video game industry will continue to produce more advanced technology to further make video games more life-like or more surreal.  Maybe one day, we will all be using virtual reality technology and converse with each other using this technology.  Who knows one day (maybe) the vidoe game world might be more interesting to live in than the real world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment